Monday, October 27, 2008

LAST MINUTE TRIP TO CALI

Ok, so not to make any of you mothers jealous but my friends and I planned this trip to California in less than 45 minutes! We chose any city close to the ocean, booked a hotel room, packed and left all within 45 minutes. We left St. George at 7:30pm on Friday night and arrived in Long Beach at 2am. Our hotel room overlooked the ocean so we accomplished our goal of getting a room with a great view. The next day (after sleeping in a little of coarse...again, don't be jealous!) we started driving up Pacific Coast Highway. We stopped at a little mexican restaurant I think called "Rosa's" (or something like that probably?!?) hoping for some really good authentic mexican food. I'm not sure about the "really good" part but it was authentic alright! We really didn't care though because seriously we were just glad to be on vacation ...(and glad to have something to eat.)

After lunch we kept driving north (I think) passing through Hermosa Beach and Manhattan Beach (where we stopped to eat yummy yogurt at pinkberry) and ended at Santa Monica Pier. LOVED Santa Monica Pier! We had so much fun. For dinner we ordered take out from California Pizza Kitchen and took it down to the beach at sunset. The ocean was beautiful, the weather was perfect, the shopping was therapeutic and overall this trip rates as a top 5 on my favorite trips list!!

My advice to those who always have to have a plan.... CHANGE! It's great to just wing it sometimes.

It was AWESOME!!! Enjoy the pics...





12 comments:

Travis and Rhonda said...

Okay-that sounds like so much fun!! Good for you guys to just up and go!! You look so cute in every single picture--always dressed to a "T" and hair perfect. Love ya!

Ty and Brandie said...

Lezlee, your blog is super cute! And of course, you're beautiful as always! It sounds like you had a fun trip. It's great to hear how family is doing, so keep the pics going...Miss ya!

Tamara said...

It's good for you to make your married friends jealous once and a while. I'm just not sure what I'm more jealous about...the fact that you can just up-and-go....or the fact that you got to sleep in! :) But seriously, I'm glad you had a blast!! You're such a cutie! Great Pics!

HeatherStout said...

Good for you Lez! Sounds like so much fun, and I'm so not jealous:)

fivewheeler said...

lezlee, so glad you are a blogger because "long time no see". i loved your pictures and yes you were successfull in making me jealous. Well done.

fivewheeler said...

Wow, I just browsed the rest of your blog and I must be a big fat loser because I didn't know Chalene got married...WHAT?

Nat said...

Come on! Post again! Yes your random Cali trip was pretty cool, but you have got to work on those posting habits jk. so how excited are you for Usher this Friday! I am sure this is the beginning of his comeback and you will be there to witness it! And then I will forever be sorry that I made fun of you for being excited about an Usher concert. ha ha see you at Thanksgiving. At your house sucker!

TAMMY said...

Hi Lezlee! It was great to see you on Sunday. Your text got deleted out of my phone so can you resend it? It looks like life is good!
Tammy

Tamara said...

Girl...it's time for an update...going this long between posts is going to get your confused with me :) BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LEZLEE....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! Maybe you'll read this in time for your birthday next year!

Tacy said...

you have a blog too!! yay! ok so i really did decide that you need to start comin to a singles ward here in st g and then we can go together... that sounds like an AMAZING plan!!

Jo Olsen said...

Ok Easter has come on gone. Where's the update? We know that's your yearly blog. Please don't disappoint us.

Nat said...

sorry the random stranger Jo Olsen above is actually me. oops. -nat